For schools that meet the membership criteria but are located outside of the greater St. Louis area, we offer a Regional Membership. Regional members are entitled to the same benefits as St. Louis area schools.
ISSL will host a minimum of one in-person meeting a year in mid-Missouri to facilitate networking among member schools across the state.
- Regional members are schools located 200 miles or more outside of the city center of St. Louis that meet the criteria listed below.
- The Membership Committee of the ISSL Board reviews all applications. Recommendations are made to the Board, who has the final vote on all applications.
- Once a membership application is approved, an invoice is sent for dues. Dues are prorated based on the number of months remaining in ISSL’s fiscal year (June 30-July 1).
- 501c(3) organization, as defined by the IRS.
- Operational at the time of application.
- Academic program and curriculum that serves at least three successive grades from PreK-12.
- Published statement of nondiscrimination as pertains to admission and employment.
- Accredited by one of the following organizations:
- ISACS (Independent Schools Association of the Central States)
- SAIS (Southern Association of Independent Schools)
- American Montessori Society (AMS)
- Association of Waldorf Schools of North America (AWSNA)
If your school is accredited by an organization not listed above, or has made formal application to one of the above organizations but not yet achieved full accreditation, please contact ISSL.
ISSL membership will be revoked if a school loses accreditation by one of the above organizations.
ISSL Regional Membership Fees (Invoiced in July of each year. Payments are due by end of August)
0-250 Students – $1,000
251-400 Students – $1,500
401-600 Students – $2,000
601-1150+ Students – $2,500