501 Bacon Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63119
St. Louis, MO 63119
Grades: PK–8, co-ed
The Miriam School is an independent school encouraging children with learning disabilities, attention deficits, speech/language and/or sensory-motor delays to recognize and successfully meet their potential. Through curricula designed for diverse learning styles, children Pre-K through 8th grade receive an personalized learning program that addresses their unique academic and social needs. The teacher to student ratio is one to ten, and on-site speech/language and occupational therapy services are integrated into the instructional program.
Open House Events
- By appointment
Miriam School Summer Camp
Monday, Jun 17, 2013 — Friday, Jul 12, 2013
Miriam School’s Summer Program offers students ages 4-14 the opportunity to acquire knowledge and gain confidence as a lifelong learner. Within a small supportive environment children learn to think critically, problem-solve and collaborate, while enhancing their communication and creativity. Using theme based projects students spend their summer months interacting with peers and engaging in hands-on learning activities.
• Students with learning difficulties including diagnosed learning disabilities,fine/gross motor delays, speech/language delays and/or attention deficits
• Students who are between the ages of 4 and 14 with average-to above-average cognitive ability
• Students who benefit from a 10:2 student-to-staff classroom ratio
• Students who benefit from a structured summer experience designed for children with learning disabilities
• Siblings of students with learning disabilities
• Students who are free of any primary emotional or behavioral concerns or who need a lower student-to-teacher ratio in order to be successful
Miriam School Summer Program Offers:
• A full-day program
• A 10:2 student-to-staff ratio
• Positive instructional and social experiences
• Instruction designed to refresh skills and maintain continuity
Session 1 - June 17-28
8:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. - $650
Science Madness - From chemical concoctions to mechanical marvels this program will have students discovering how chemistry affects our everyday lives and investigating how things work. Grab your safety goggles and join us in the lab for this hands-on adventure!
Session 2 - July 1-12 (holiday on July 4 & 5)
8:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. - $600
Water Works - Get ready to make some waves! We're diving into an exploration of water and everything that swims, floats or paddles in this wet and wild environment. Jump on in!
For additional information contact us via email, call 314-968-5225 or visit our website.